Saturday, August 14, 2010

First Trim

Yay! I got my first trim in almost two years today! I can't believe (actually I can) that I waited this long! Craziness! To say I miss my hairstylist in Chicago is beyond an understatement!! I miss you girl! In fact, I'm getting ready to send you a message.

Meanwhile, what a trip today at the hair salon. First of all, the reason it took so to get a trim was because I was really afraid to have anyone do it here. It seems a lot of the hair stylists here are not trained. So there's a lot of trail and error going on! Anyways, I absolutely had to get a trim so I braved it.

The girl said she has trimmed natural hair before and that she has natural hair herself. Now you would think that would put me at ease, right? but it didn't. Anyways, she did quite a few things wrong. It was frustrating cos I had to say stuff like "don't do that", "use this instead", "be careful", etc., etc. Now, get this: When she was ready to trim my hair, she said she wanted to cut it first to get rid of the ends, or something to that effect. She then proceeded to put the scissors to my hair and randomly snip! What!! Is she nuts! Anyways, I told her to just trim it the proper way.

After a frustrating few hours, I had my tresses trimmed and flat-ironed. Needless to say, the effect of the flat-iron didn't last! My curls were coming back before I was out the door. Ok, she did do one thing right: She gave me a heck of a scalp massage. It was wonderful! Even though there was drama surrounding getting that as well. Geez! Can I just go to the hair salon and have a drama-free experience. What I would do to get a real good hair stylist here! It would be nice to go to the hair salon and not have to tell the stylist how to do her job. It's all good. This is the beginning of restoration cos my hair has been crying for help! NP, where are you to "love my hair to life"! I guess I gotta do it myself now, huh? Alrighty!

Rocking my crown! :o)

No comments: